“The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.”
To that end we re very involved in mission work locally, nationally and internationally. We have Bible studies, spiritual life retreats, sewing bees, dinners, banquets, fund raising activities, etc.
We support shut-ins and college students with visits, cards and small gifts. We collect “Kits for Conference” which may consist of school supplies, health kits, layette supplies and cleaning supplies to be sent wherever there is a need. Each individual circle usually collects items or has special projects they work on throughout the year.
If anyone is interested in attending Circle meetings just call the church and the secretary will give you a contact person. We are always interested in getting to know new women and help them become involved in mission.
Circle Groups and Meeting Times
- The Circle of Faith meets on the fourth Monday of each month in the homes of members at 7pm.
- The Circle of Hope meets on the third Monday of each month at the church at 9:45am.
- The Circle of Love will be meets on the third Monday of each month at the church at 7pm.
- “Member at Large” UMW membership gives members the option to be involved with UMW activities as their schedules permit with communication about UMW meetings and events coordinated via e-mail updates. UMW “Members at Large” are asked to make a pledge to mission just as the circle members do; this pledge form will be mailed to them on sign-up.
- Soup Labels
- Greeting card fronts
- Pop can tops
- Please bring to the table in the stairwell next to the Choir Room!